Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Good Times, Good Times

Well, yesterday was my last day of work here in Las Vegas. By the way, I tried not to start with "well," but it just doesn't have the same feel. Anyway, of course it was the craziest day I've had in a month, out like a lion I guess! Hopefully that means at my new job it will be in like a lamb, right? I will miss the people I work with. There are so many good people that become nurses! And most nurses are 10-20 years older than me and for some reason I get along really well with people who are in that age range. I appreciate their years of experience I guess. So basically, my first year of nursing is just about behind me, which is a huge feat and I am so glad for the experience! Here are some pics from Tatum's party, to which only 1 of 4 invited guests were able to attend (we had fun none the less! Thanks Aunt Patrice!)


This is my attempt at a "princess cake." The mold had all this fancy smanshy fondant decor but I was short on time so butter frosting and pre-made canned frosting it was! Tatum loved it. I think she ate 80% of the frosting off her.


Tyger really knows how to pose, because let me tell you , they only get along this well about 7% of the time. But I'll cherish this rare photo!


Tater's new bathing suit from "Old Navy." She looks soooo cute! Since I have used %'s in the last 2 pics, I might as well continue the tradition. I only "girly-ize" tatum 10% of the time and her hair is as girly as I could muster. She felt like a princess! And she is our little princess.


We attempted to go to our local park where they have this little play water fountain thing. But the park was PACKED and within minutes of our arrival a pack of wild teenagers took over the water feature and scared all the little kids away. Dang teenagers! (I used to be 100% sure I would never say that)

18 comments:

Tahnie said...

Ever little princess has to have a cake like that. I remember how much I loved the one my Mom made. Those pictures are adorable and I just decided I don't want a girl...I NEED a girl some day! That bathing suit is so cute!

Putnams +Two said...

I love the cake Amy, I've always wanted to try making a cake like that but never had a reason. I'm excited for you to move back!!!!

Sue Shuppy said...

Oh I feel bad that I couldn't come down for the party... but I hear you had a good time. The cake is darling, and so fun. Zach you are sweet and I know how much Amy loves you, otherwise I'd probably hear about it!

Brooke said...

Wow, I guess I haven't had time to check your blog lately. I LOVE your husband's post about you--what a lucky girl to be so loved! And your kiddos...I guess beautiful people are bound to make beautiful babies. They could both be child models (and they are looking SO big). Good luck with your move and all that that entails. You seem to be wonder-woman!

Sarah said...

Tatum looks so cute with the hair and the suit and the smile! Oh, what a cute family! The cake is perfect! I agree with Brooke, you are wonderwoman! If we can help in any way with your moving and what not, we'd be happy to help. Just let us know.

Hilarie said...

The cake is adorable! I'm not brave enough to make a cake like that, I don't know why is just scares me but I love it! I also love the swimsuit I bought the same one for Kambree I just can't wait until it is actually hot so she can wear it!

The Prices said...

I love the swimsuit. What a cute little girl. The pic of both the kids is priceless--I can't believe how big they are. London had a cake like that for birthday #3--but I had the store make it! (It had a grass skirt and bikini top because it was a hawaiian themed party)

Holmes Family said...

Amy,
What can I say, you are awesome! I am amazed at all you do, and your kids are truly lucky to have you as their mother. Tatum is so adorable! So, where are you guys off to now?! Good luck with everything!

Ashlee said...

You are such a fun mom, I love the cake! Tatum is so cute, she looks adorable in her swimming suit. PS I love your long hair and you are looking way skinny!

Sycamore Girl said...

WELL, I was 85% certain that your kids couldnt get any cuter...But alas, my estimations are usually off at least 17%. Go figure.

Laura said...

So lately I have been noticing in many blogs that all these women have amazing cake making skills-and I still struggle just frosting a normal cake. I wonder whose fault it is for my lack of fancy cake making, mine or my moms?

Sandra said...

I'm glad you stopped by our blog, stop on in anytime...its always open :) I can't believe how big your kids are getting! How are you guys doing? umm.. Where are you?

Brett and Meredith said...

That is one sweet little tater tot!! She looks so darling and seemed to enjoy her big day! We are so happy for you guys getting to make the big MOVE! LUCKY!! Good luck with everything, and happy bday darling Tatum!

Putnams +Two said...

I just wanted to let you know that every time I look at this post I think about how incredibly enjoyable it would be to take a big bite into the princess's dress! Is that weird?

kelsey said...

I am very impressed with that cake of yours. I can barely make a sqare cake let alone one that looks like a princess. When and where are you guys moving?

Amber said...

I just read your last comment on Hilarie's blog and saw that you are moving back - very cool! Did you get a job at the hospital? My sister works there and loves it. I think your cake is great by the way - I only ever make cupcakes.

Jeff, Di and Ty said...

Freakin cute kids and freakin cute cake! Nice work. Call Kristie Brimhall or Amy Fail. I have their numbers if you want them, they both work at LRH as well as my sis.

Angela said...

That was such a pretty cake! You did a great job! Tatum also looked SO cute in her new swim suit! Very girly. :)