Thursday, March 13, 2008

Phantom...

Well, On Saturday, Tyler and Lissy came down and together with Mitch and Angela we all went to Phantom of the Opera! It's put on in a custom built, 40 million dollar theater that is spectacular. Some of the scenes, no, MOST of the scenes I didn't remember from the movies I've seen, like the drunken make out scene below:
Yeah, didn't remember that one in the movies I've seen. OH maybe because scenes of drunk people making out AREN'T IN THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA! It's just the nasty trashy people we sat behind. RIGHT behind. This couple starts making out before the play even starts. We let it go because we were sure they would stop once it began. We were wrong. They made out for at least half of the show. And not just any making out, full on, tonsil hockey making out. In between the making out they would laugh at inappropriate times (loud, raucous, drunken laughter, by the way) and in between the laughter, he would either stare at her intently until she would kiss him or nuzzle her breasts. That's right, nuzzle her breasts. And in between the chest nuzzling they would cat call to the people on stage. So Zach and I were desperately trying to hear the Phantom, but it went something like this: "Kristine, my angel of --SLURP! Sing! Sing-- HA HA HA HA HA! Is there, the Phantom of the--WOOOOOOO! YEAH!!!! slurp...." The first half of the show, we kept thinking they would stop. But they didn't. There is no intermission at this production. So after about 45 minutes of this, Zach taps the guy on the shoulder and says, "Please be quiet." They ignored him, so he asks again and also says, "We didn't pay money to watch you make out." That worked for about 15 minutes before they started up again. These people were sloshed and had sneaked in alcohol so that they could get even more sloshed. They were in their late 40's and we assume they were having an affair and that is why they had to make out in the theater. Anyway, they started up again and I was soooo angry, I was seeing stars. I couldn't listen to the play, I couldn't see the play, all I could see were these people! and then it was over. I don't think I have ever been so mad. We started walking out, but I had to say something. One thing bad about nursing is that I have become very bold about confrontation. People were leaving but they just sat in their seats looking drunk and lustful. I went up to them and poked them on the shoulder. Then I started yelling at them! I couldn't believe I was doing it! People around me stopped and stared, like "What's going on?" I said, "You two owe me $250. I just paid money to watch you make out for an hour and a half. You owe me $250 and your ruined our night. YOU RUINED OUR NIGHT!!!" They just looked at me with half opened wasted eyes and said, "Huh? What? Ohh... Ssssorry." I was so mad I was shaking. So Zach called and complained and we got 2 free tickets and will be going again on March 29th. Yay!!! So I will post again and tell you how great the show was in a couple of weeks.

14 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm so sorry we ruined your night, it's been a long time since we were able to get a babysitter. :) Just kidding. That really does STINK. I'm glad that you got to speak your mind (I'm still working on my skills in that area)...and that you got free tickets to go again. Better luck next time!

The Prices said...

Hooray for the free tickets!!!! I am so glad that you will be able to go back and see it for real this time!

The Prices said...

...nice picture by the way!!

Cassie Jo said...

What a horrible story! You should have spent the weekend with me instead. At least you got free tickets and a good story to tell your family out of it. I can't wait to see you guys next weekend!

The Crace's said...

Amy. That is awesome.

The Newton's said...

That seriously sucks! But that is great that you got free tickets! I saw Phantom in New York and it was incredible! HOpefully it will be better the second time around.

Tahnie said...

What's wrong with some people? I'm sure it was impossible to ignore, it's like a train wreck...you just can't look away no matter how disgusting it might be. The picture tops it off nicely, thanks for grossing us all out along with you! :)

Callister said...

You're awesome. I'm glad you said something. And I'm even more glad that Zach called and was able to get free tickets! You guys deserve it after that sloshfest. guh.

Tina said...

Wow! That's a crazy story. I would have been pretty mad too. Just one question... did you ask them to pose for that picture? How did you get it?
I hope your second attempt goes better. :)

Chris said...

This reminds me of Tahnie's story about the french lady in the grocery store running her cart into people. How can you NOT say something!!! I'da liked to have given them two of my cents too! Feels good to open your mouth huh!

Holmes Family said...

Amy,
That is sick! I hope the tickets they gave you are extra good seats! You are too cute! Jess

Jared said...

Amy you rock!! I'm glad you guys got free tickets. I'm also glad that Zach wasn't in the middle of working out, or he would of seriously injured that guy. Zach, do you remember that time that dude told you to not drop the weights so hard? :)

Have fun at the next show. We miss you guys.

Sarah said...

I would have told him, "I'm gonna punch you in the face!" And when he asks why? I'd say, "because it would hurt Warren."

Zach 'n' Amy said...

I better clarify, the picture is just one I found on the net. the actual couple was skinnier and older, and more obnoxious. And also she had very stinky perfume.