Monday, September 17, 2007

I've been Tagged

Hello! Sunny tagged me a few weeks ago to tell 8 interesting things about myself and I forgot about it til I read about it on Brett and Mer's blog. So here are 8 interesting things about me:
1. I was a graphic design major for the first 2 years of college, then switched to nursing.
2. When I moved out at 18, I was itching to get a nose ring for some reason (rebellion?) so my roommate took me to get one. I had it in for about 26 hours before I felt so guilty that I took it out. A waste of about $60, but a good lesson learned! (Sorry mom) :)
3. I was born on labor day in 1981.
4. I shrunk one inch and my feet grew one size when I was pregnant with Tyger. I haven't grown back and my feet are still a size bigger.
5. I would like to run a marathon or half marathon one day.
6. I enjoy spongebob more than my kids
7. I do at least one crossword puzzle per day
8. I wrote and illustrated a children's book for siblings when you bring a new baby home that includes a guide for parents. I have secret aspirations to write more and make a lot of money off them someday.
Well, I guess I'm not very interesting! Sorry. So now I tag 5 people I think: Tahnie, actually she's the only other person I know with a blog so I guess I will tag 4 other people to start a blog and tell 8 interesting things: Kensey, Patrice, Mom, Cassie. It's really easy to start a blog guys I promise. And if you don't think your life is interesting enough to have a blog (Patrice...) your wrong! We love to hear what's going on!
Some news: Tater is forcing me to potty train her. I have been avoiding it because Tyger was to say the least, VERY difficult to potty train. But every 5 minutes now she takes off her diaper and jumps on the potty. For some reason she gets the #2 part, but not #1. I plan on working with her hard core next weekend. Meanwhile Zach's job is still not so great. The kids in one of his classes are impossible. They have stuffed 40 kids into this general music class and there are only 36 desks. The kids just blatently ignore zach. They yell out right in the middle of him talking "You suck! you're a horrible teacher! We don't want to hear this Jazz sh**! We only want to hear rap music! Your picking on us because we're black! We don't care about this sh**!" Today he is talking to the dean and is going to be pretty stern. He won't teach the class unless he can kick out at least 8 of the students. We are pretty upset about the whole thing because all through school we have been told how great the schools are in Las Vegas blah blah blah, that they have great guitar programs and everything. Well that may be true for other schools (newer nicer ones) but not for Chaparral. Zach took the job on false pretenses (is that the word?). They didn't even tell him it was an at risk school until he started. They stuffed a non-guitar class on him las minute, they gave him no classroom and no teaching or classroom materials. Is it some kind of new teacher hazing or something? Where's the hidden camera? It's just frustrating. My job is fine. There are a lot of nurses I work with with bad attitudes, but there are nurses with bad attitudes everywhere (most of us have experienced these nurses first hand).
Anyway, we'll continue to update! Amy

5 comments:

The Prices said...

How funny about Tater--Jonas is doing the same thing. He decided while we were on vacation that he wanted to start using the toilet. When we got back I bought him some undies and he now refuses to wear diapers. I finally talked him into pull ups for church and bed time. He is the opposite of Tate, however, he has #1 down but waits until he has his pull ups on to do #2.

Anonymous said...

Amy, when I babysat a few weeeks ago Tato had a dirty diaper, and after I changed it she wanted to sit on the potty. I was surprised, but I think that is GREAT!

I am just sick about Zachy... I think he should channel some of Dee and just go in there and not take any crap from those brats. He should just be a mean, nasty man to those kids. (And remember that one of his jobs involved carrying around a giant gun at the airport.)My friend substituted here for a while and she would go to classes where the kids were terrified of the teacher, and at the time I thought the regular teacher must be really mean, but now I just think it must be a survival tactic teachers learn here. I really hope it gets better.

By the way, I have been trying to call you, and have been unable to reach you.... CALL ME BACK!

Anonymous said...

Yikes, I hope what I just posted didn't sound like I was saying Dee was a mean, nasty man... BECAUSE I WASN'T! I just meant the sentence that he seems like he wouldn't take any crap from the kids. (Maybe it's his deep voice?)

Wynter said...

I talked to Zach the other day about his job, it doesnt sound like to much fun... I think you should come back to Logan I miss you guys! Tell Tyger and Tatum that I love them!

The Preece Family said...

Hi Amy - it's fun to find your blog too! Sounds like life in Hawaii is a dream. (I'm jealous - because Baltimore life couldn't be more opposite :) ). Anyway, tell Zach hi for me...and you guys have two very beautiful kids! :) Take care~ Jenny Smoot Preece